This look amazing! Less than a week to back!
THE O.Z. #1-2
Writer: David Pepose
Artist: Ruben Rojas
Colorist: Whitney Cogar
Letterer: DC HopkinsMain Cover by Ruben Rojas; Variant Covers by Maan House, Farid Karami, and Cem Iroz
What if Mad Max took place in The Wizard of Oz? Find out in THE O.Z., returning to Kickstarter now from multiple Ringo Award-nominated writer David Pepose (Spencer & Locke, Scout’s Honor) and superstar artist Ruben Rojas (Proton). Fans of The Old Guard, DMZ, and Fables will love this action-packed fantasy adventure, available to order now on Kickstarter!
THE O.Z. follows Dorothy Gale’s granddaughter and namesake, a disillusioned Iraq war veteran who is swept up by a tornado and dropped into the war-torn land of Oz. Now leading the Resistance against the Scarecrow’s regime, Dorothy must join forces with the Tin Soldier, the Prince of Lions and Jack Pumpkinhead if she hopes to locate the all-powerful Silver Slippers and bring peace to the Occupied Zone… or as the locals call it, The O.Z
“We are incredibly thrilled for The O.Z. to make its long-awaited return to Kickstarter,” said series writer David Pepose. “Thanks to the overwhelming support of more than 1,200 backers in our last campaign, we’re excited to pull the curtain back and lead our Yellow Brick Road Warriors through even more of our dangerous and sweeping fantasy world. If you’re a fan of L. Frank Baum’s iconic Wizard of Oz mythology, you’ll love our action-packed twist with The O.Z.”
THE O.Z.’s Kickstarter will fund the series’ 44-page second issue, with early bird specials and catch-up tiers available for those who missed the first campaign. Rewards include:
- Behind-the-scenes materials including David Pepose’s script, Ruben Rojas’ raw inks, and Whitney Cogar’s untouched colors;
- Four covers by Ruben Rojas, Maan House, Farid Karami, and Cem Iroz
- Online pitch review by David Pepose
- Original art commissions from Ruben Rojas
- A chance to get drawn into the book
- Three limited-edition sets of Scout’s Honor Ranger Scout merit badges
- Three limited-edition Spencer & Locke handmade plushies
- A store signing with writer David Pepose anywhere in the continental U.S.