Shaun of the Dead – The TV series?

Well, it would seem that the creativity bank in Hollywood is going into debt.  I had seen online bits about the remakes of Hawaii-Five-0 and The Rockford Files.  But The Guardian had the take on the remakes from across the pond.  Shaun of the dead is one of those movies that no matter how bad a day I am having, it cheers me up.  95% of this movie is pure genius and the other 5% is still really funny.  I don’t know… not sure this will work week to week at all.

From the Guardian – “last week NBC Universal International and Working Title announced they were moving into TV production with new joint venture Working Title Television. One of the aims is to make TV adaptations of Working Title’s library of more than 90 theatrical releases, which includes the Bridget Jones movies, Billy Elliot and Nanny McPhee, along with Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and last but not least Shaun of the Dead… The resulting TV series, if carefully adapted, are cost-effective because they are basically reusing the same scripts. TV audiences are also already familiar with the properties from their film versions. “We have a tremendous reservoir (of content) at NBC, yet this hasn’t really been done much before,” said Pete Smith, president of NBC Universal International.”

Please follow and like us:
Updated: March 1, 2010 — 6:40 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * is a part of ThePullbox LLC © 2007-2024