Smallville #8.5 “Commitment” ( CW / Brian Q Miller)
This is the weakest episode so far this season. Not much going on in the way of meaningfull story progression, more like the entire episode was the two page short you find in some comics. The good is the progression of the Lois and Clark love story. It may not be the best love story ever written, actually it’s more like a poorly written soap opera, but it seems to be working for now. I just hope the writers up their game as the season goes on. The bad is the story of Chloe and Jimmy. I think their both decent characters, but I’m not buying the romance. As they move toward the wedding of Jimmy and Chloe, I’m half hoping that Jimmy gets eaten by Doomsday.
Now for the lowdown:
– Open on Chloe and Jimmy’s engagment party.
– Lois dosen’t think her cousin has found the right guy, she gets drunk and makes her opinion known.
– Jimmy still dosn’t look like he’s over the relationship shared between Chloe and Clark.
– Chloe and Jimmy get abducted.
– Shift over to Ollie Queen who has suprised Tess Mercer by breaking into her office and asking her out to dinner.
– Mention of another big DC metropolis, Star City.
– We hear Lois’s drunk dial…pretty funny.
– Lois and Cark discover that Chloe and Jimmy are missing and crack the case in about 5 minutes. That smacks of lazy writing.
– Enter our villian who is a poor knock off of Jigsaw from the Saw films.
– Lois and Clark pretend to be a couple to draw out the bad guy.
– After a shocking lie-dector test, Chloe and Jimmy are relased for proving their love.
– Ollie trys to rekindle his love affiar with Tess, but it turns out Tess just needed a boning.
– Hey look! The very obvious jewler is the bad guy.
– Lois and Clark are captured by the jewler..and how conveinent that he’s wearing a watch make with Kryptonite.
– When aksed of she loves Clark, Lois struggles with the answer and says “yes”. **Biggest moment of the show**
– Some bits of action later and Clark frees himself before he answers if he loves Lois…then awkward moments.
– After all the action, Chloe and Lois have a heart to heart and Lois accepts Chole’s choice in Jimmy.
– Jimmy tells Chloe the truth about his parents. His mother was absent, and still is, and his father is alcholoc mechanic. Big deal, eh?
– Lois is avoiding Clark to push off her admitting her love.
– End with Lois and Clark in an elevator having an awkward moment. Lois lies and said she slipped the sensor off her finger to fake the machine. I guess Clark hasn’t discovered that he can listen to a person’s heart to check if they are lying.
Up next week is “Prey”
“Clark looks into a recent attack in a theater that may be the work of a serial killer. Suspecting it could be someone who is meteor-infected, he demands that Chloe (Allison Mack) release the names of the people she is counseling at the Isis Foundation, which causes a rift between the friends. Davis (Sam Witwer) fears that his blackouts could mean that he is the serial killer and collects evidence that may implicate him. Fearing the worst, he confesses his suspicions to Chloe. Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and Cassidy Freeman also star. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders”
Also the buzz is that someone major will die in this episode!!!!