Episode Synopsis: “Bulletproof” – Clark (Tom Welling) discovers John Jones (guest star Phil Morris) was shot while working as a police officer, so Clark dons the uniform and goes undercover to find the culprit. Meanwhile, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) confronts Tess (Cassidy Freeman) and tells her Lex isn’t the man she thinks he is. Lana’s shocking news forces Tess to reevaluate her position as the head of LuthorcCorp. Morgan Beggs directed the episode written by Bryan Miller.
This was a very well written, acted, directed, edited, and scored episode. All around this was a great episode that had all the drama, action, and inspiration that the highest rated shows on TV are putting out.
Here’s the Lowdown:
– Open w J’onn J’onzz (JJ) in a car chase and being a major bad a$$.
– JJ is taken out by what appears to be a MPD sniper.
– Clark and Lana share a moment, no big deal.
– JJ enters the ER in bad shape
– Enter Green Arrow. He tells Clark the JJ is part of the JL
– Tess Mercer and Lana have a scene at the mansion. Lana confronts Tess about the Prometheus Project. Lana hacks Tess’s wifi network.
– Chole is back to her old self
– Clark and Chloe investigate that JJ’s sniper is indeed an inside job (and then Chloe doesn’t appear for the rest of the episode).
– Clark sets up a fake identity as a rookie cop from Coast City (home of Green Lantern)
– The police are not happy about the influx of “Capes” because the “Capes” don’t have to follow the same rules.
– Clark learns his new partner lost his old partner in the line of duty and is conflicted in his sense of justice.
– Clark earns the respect of his unit at an after hours BBQ
– While at the BBQ all the cops get a text and bolt.
– Lana and Tess go fisticuffs!!
– Clark’s unit go to serve up justice street style.
– Tess is low-jacked and Lex is watching her!
– Clark delivers an inspiring speech worthy of Superman
– Clark is set up and arrested for the shooting of JJ
– The dirty cops set up a trap for Green Arrow.
– Green Arrow talks Clark’s conflicted partner into being a good guy again.
– Clark saves the day
– Clark has a moment with JJ and Green Arrow that leads him to seeing the value to the Justice Leauge and having back-up.
– Tess sends Lex a message before jamming the low-jack single
– Clark and Lana have another moment. Well acted, but (yawn!!) where did Lois get to?
The preview for next weeks episode is pretty non-discript. Not really sure what the conflict is going be.