Smallville 8.8 “Bloodlines”
Clark receives an anonymous package containing the crystal that Tess (Cassidy Freeman) found in the Arctic. When he removes the crystal, it activates and sends him and a visiting Lois (Erica Durance) to the Phantom Zone where they run into Kara (guest star Laura Vandervoort). Kara opens a portal for Lois to return but Zod’s wife Faora escapes with her and takes over Lois’ body. A possessed Lois goes on a rampage in Metropolis. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and Justin Hartley also star. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.
Not a terrible episode, but not a great one.
Now for the lowdown!:
– Open on the Kent farm, Lois is moving in to the farm because she can’t afford her own place.
– Clark is sent to a package that contains the blue crystal that was stolen from Tess. The crystal activates and takes both Lois and Clark to the Phantom Zone.
– Chloe finds the crystal and pockets it just before Tess shows up at the farm.
– Davis asks Chloe to help uncover his past. He can’t find anything about his life before he was three.
– Tess demands the crystal from Chloe. Chloe doesn’t give up the goods.
– Tess’s people detected a Kryptonian energy single from the farm.
– Clark is still lying to Lois even though while in the Phantom Zone.
– Lois thinks she and Clark have been abducted.
– Kara has a portal out of the Phantom Zone, which Clark demands they send Lois through. Kara has stayed in the Phantom Zone because she did not want to let any wraiths out of the zone.
– Ollie needs to steal a generator to power-up the crystal so Chloe can hack the alien computer system the runs it and bring Kara and Clark back.
– Lois gets sent back, then possessed by a wraith of Zod’s wife, Faora
– Tess has an encounter with Faora and sees the power of Krypotian.
– Faora is looking for her and Zod’s son, who is Doomsday
– Chloe taps into her inner Brainiac and gets Kara and Clark out of the Phantom Zone.
– Clark tells Kara to find John Jones of the MPD (Martian Manhunter) and get his crystal that gets rid of wraiths.
– Faora find her son, who is Davis BTW, and lets him know that is he the result of a Kryponian genetic project by Zod that was attached to the ship the brought Kal-El to Earth. He’s a cross-section of some of Krypton’s deadleast predetors. Then Faora stabs him through the chest and kills him.
– Faora has Clark by the throat when Kara uses the crystal and sends her bye-bye.
– Davis wakes up in a pool of his own blood.
– Next day, Lois gets a raise as a result of Feora’s attitude.
– Lois isn’t moving in.
– Ollie shows up at the farm to let Clark know the that Chloe had a freak out when she brought him back. Chloe is headed down a bad road and Clark needs to get her through it.
– Kara also shows up and at the farm and tells Clark to reveal his secret to Lois.
– Kara heard rumors that Kandor still exsists, so she’s leaving Earth to find it.
– Davis is awake and well. He stabs himself for a knife, and the knife shatters. His “death” has kicked his body to evolve into Doomsday faster.