Another Country Heard From…
Here’s the Lowdown
- The Challengers end up on Earth 8 – owned and ran by Lord Havok and the Extremists (anyone want to scream yet?)
- History Lesson: Lord Havok and the Extremists were villains that popped their heads us in the 90’s as a Justice League Europe nemesis, mocking the major marvel villains – to those younger fanboys, yup you heard me right… Justice League Europe (in case you were wondering, the 90’s produced a lot weirder stuff than that)
- the “Enforcer” Monitor is on the trail of the Challengers, with guns ready and set to kill
- When the Enforcer shows up, he accidentally lets loose the Challengers, who Lord Havok had captured and who the Enforcer had come to kill (anyone screaming yet?)
- One of Lord Havok’s baddies (surprized he didn’t have his name on his chest ala Adam West’s Batman) smelled the security breach… I repeat… he smelled the security breach
- During their escape the Enforcer shoots and kills the Jokester… so much for his possible character development
- Jimmy Olsen find none other than the Newsboy Legion in the sewers after his escape from Cadmus labs (can I scream now?)
- Holly Robinson fights her was past giant coyfish looking sharks to get to Paradise Island
- Trickster, Piper and Double Down are having a good ole rogue heart to heart in the middle of a Diner (nothing interesting here folks, please just move along – do I get to scream yet?)
- Some unknown characters have tracked the trio to the diner (my guess is anyone could find three costumed villains at a diner… but I could be wrong)
- Mary Marvel and Eclipso terrorize some Turkish farmers (nope… not making it up)
- The cover of this week’s countdown has Karate Kid and some of Coutndown’s major characters kicking BrotherEye’s tail from the inside… Lies!
- Karate Kid is on exactly 1 page of Countdown… not including the cover… and all that one page does is set up Brother Eye to go into some sort of “Hal” mode from 2001
- Monarch shows up at the end to offer the Extremists a place in his army (didn’t this scene play out in at least 2 other books… wait, am I reading Marvel’s Civil War?)
- Origin of the Penguin
*Screaming* Jesse Schedeen said it best over at ign.com… the best thing about Countdown is that we aren’t expecting much anymore. Heck, I’m not even putting a cover this week.
Dan Didio, you are a good man… help us out!